The EU Biocidal Products Committee adopted opinions for the following active substances that may be approved in the relevant product-types:
- Peracetic acid generated from tetra-acetylethylenediamine (TAED) and sodium percarbonatefor product-types 2, 3 and 4;
- Active chlorine released from sodium hypochlorite for product-types 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5;
- Active chlorine released from calcium hypochlorite for product-types 2, 3, 4 and 5;
- Active chlorine released from chlorinefor product-types 2 and 5;
- MITfor product-type 11; and
- OITfor product-type 8.
As soon as the approval dates for these substances are known, we will publish it on the Blog, so in the case that your products contain any of these substances, you can start preparing your registration dossiers.
On the other hand, a non-approval opinion was adopted for the active substance MBIT for product-type 13, due to unacceptable risks identified for groundwater for several metabolites of MBIT.
In the case you need our assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.