The Biocidal Products Committee adopted opinions for the following active substances that may be approved in the relevant product-types:
- Peracetic acid generated from tetra-acetylethylenediamine (TAED) and sodium percarbonatefor product-types 2, 3 and 4;
- Active chlorine released from sodium hypochlorite for product-types 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5;
- Active chlorine released from calcium hypochlorite for product-types 2, 3, 4 and 5;
- Active chlorine released from chlorinefor product-types 2 and 5;
- MIT for product-type 11; and
- OIT for product-type 8.
On the other hand, a non-approval opinion was adopted for the active substance MBIT for product-type 13 due to unacceptable risks identified for groundwater for several metabolites of MBIT.