Please see below the latest measures taken by the EU Commission related to regulatory issues during Covid-19 Pandemic:
- The Commission has published guidance to ensure that clinical trials can continue taking place in the EU during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The Commission welcomes the adoption by the European Parliament and the Council of the proposal to postpone by one year the date of application of the Medical Devices Regulation.
- The Commission is taking swift action and proposes additional exceptional measures to further support agricultural and food markets most affected.
- As part of the European Roadmap towards lifting coronavirus containment measures, the Commission is presenting guidelines on coronavirus testing methodologies.
- The Commission is making available guidance to assist manufacturers in ramping up production of essential medical equipment and material in three areas: the production of masks and other personal protective equipment (PPE), leave-on hand cleaners and hand disinfectants and 3D printing in the context of the coronavirus outbreak. A guidance on medical devices will also be made available.
- The Commission launches a European COVID-19 Data Platform for researcher to enable the rapid collection and sharing of available research data.
Despite the pandemic has caused great disruptions around the world, Regulatory Deadlines for Biocides (such as Cypermethrin approval date) and PPP (5th Renewal Programme for active Substances) and rules remain in place (some minor derogations have been published for Biocides and REACH), so companies must ensure they meet their regulatory requirements.
If you would like to know more about how the EU Regulatory Deadlines could affect your business, please contact us.