Biocidal products with attractant function based on the following active substances of food grade (proposed for inclusion in Annex I of the BPR) need to be supported by an EU Dossier under BPR and the deadline for this submission is June 2021:
- Concentrated Apple juice
- D-Fructose (CAS No. 57-48-7)
- Honey (CAS No. 8028-66-8)
- Powdered egg
- Yeast, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, ext. (CAS No. 68876-77-7)
- Vinegar (CAS No. 8028-52-2)
The biocidal products based on these active substances will be eligible for the simplified authorisation procedure only if they comply with all of the following conditions:
- all the active substances contained in the biocidal product appear in Annex I of the BPR and comply with the specified restrictions
- the biocidal product does not contain any substance of concern
- the biocidal product does not contain any nanomaterials
- the biocidal product is sufficiently effective
- the handling of the biocidal product and its intended use do not require personal protective equipment
For this simplified authorisation procedure, one EU Member State competent authority will evaluate the application (it must be selected by the Applicant and agreed with the MS). When the simplified authorisation is granted, the biocidal product may be made available on the market in other Member States without the need for mutual recognition. The authorisation holder, however, needs to notify each relevant Member State 30 days before placing the product on its territory.
Please, do not hesitate to contact our KÆLTIA’s Experts to receive further assistance on this, we will be pleased to help you.