The EU Biocidal Products Committee adopted opinions for the following disinfectant active substances that may be approved/renewed in the relevant product-types:
- Didecyldimethylammonium chloride (CAS No. 7173-51-5) for product-types 3 and 4;
- Alkyl (C12-16) dimethylbenzyl ammonium chloride (CAS No. 68424-85-1) for product-types 3 and 4;
- N-(3-aminopropyl)-N-dodecylpropane-1,3-diamine (CAS No. 2372-82-9) for product-type 8;
- Ethylene oxide (CAS No. 75-21-8) for product type 2;
- Creosote (CAS NO. 8001-58-9) for product type 8;
As soon as the approval dates for these substances are published, the BPR supporting your products containing any of these substances needs to be prepared and submitted before the established deadline.
On the other hand, a non-approval opinion was adopted for the following active substances, where products containing these substances that benefit from transitional rules need to be removed from the EU market:
- Silver copper zeolite (CAS no. 130328-19-7)for product-type 4;
- Silver sodium hydrogen zirconium phosphate (CAS no. 265647-11-8)for product-type 4;
- Silver zinc zeolite (CAS no. 130328-19-7)for product-type 4;
- Silver zeolite (CAS no. 130328-19-7)for product-type 4;
In the case you need our assistance with any regulatory issue, please do not hesitate to contact us.