In accordance with the provisions of Article 68 of Regulation (EC) No 1107/2009 of 21 October, concerning the placing of plant protection products on the market, and also with Article 7 of Implementing Decree, No. 145/2015 of 31 July, official controls of plant protection products will be carried out. For this purpose, the Authorities has free access to the places where plant protection products are stored, distributed and marketed as part of its control activities in establishments.
In this context, the 2022 Control Plan for Plant Protection Products (PCPF) has been drawn up and approved by different Member States with the objective of assessing the quality of these products on the national market, particularly with regard to compliance with the conditions of their marketing authorisation.
In accordance with the procedure foreseen in the 2022 Control Plan, companies holding authorisation for the sale of plant protection products in force in the national territory must ensure that their distributors and points of sale are informed that samples of plant protection products will be collected in the sales and/or distribution establishments by duly identified technicians and in accordance with that determined below:
- Delivery of plant protection products by the selling or distribution establishment for the purpose of taking samples within the scope of the PCPF is not imputable to the Authorities and should not entail any cost to the selling or distribution establishment, such cost being borne by the holder of the respective authorization or by the supplier of the plant protection product(s), within the national territory;
- The technician in charge of the sale and/or distribution establishment must keep the duplicate of the Record of Collection and give the triplicate to the supplier/authorization holder of the plant protection product concerned for the replacement of the product. He must also keep a record of the delivery of the packaging for future reference.
- The samples to be taken are for official control only and must be supplied in the original packaging of the plant protection product in number and capacity totalling 1 Liter or 1 Kilogram and with reference to the same batch number.
- A transport document should also be issued detailing all products delivered to the Authority technician and, for each plant protection product, the respective Safety Data Sheet must be provided.
- The companies holding plant protection products in force in the national territory must ensure the immediate dissemination of the content of this communication to their distributors and points of sale.