In our Society, there is a growing concern about the problems derived from the depletion of natural resources and environmental degradation. To this social demand, companies are responding with „greener“ products’ supply and implementing „cleaner“ production processes anticipating environmental legal requirements, minimizing environmental risks from a preventive approach and identifying new business opportunities, since the improvement in environmental performance is becoming a clear commercial advantage.
Potential benefits of integrating Ecodesign into the company’s management system:
- Economic advantages: reduction of production costs in the short-medium term (less materials, water and resources, less energy consumption, less expense in logistics, reuse of packaging, less expense in waste management, recycling, …)
- Innovation, continuous improvement in product design -> Competitiveness
- Legal compliance
- Improvement of the company’s image and positioning for an increasingly demand in the future of “greener” products (anticipation)
- Enter new markets in countries or regions that have environmental requirements
The Ecodesign will not compromise in any sense the functionality, quality, price, safety, etc … of the product, it is an investment with a short-medium-term return.
Therefore, in our commitment to the European objectives of Zero Waste Strategies and Sustainable Development, KÆLTIA offer the following environmental advisory services in the Agri-Food Industry as well as the Chemical Industry:
- Product Life Cycle Analysis
- Ecodesign throughout the phases of the Life Cycle
- Preparation of a Waste Management Plan (prioritizing recovery and reuse)
Please feel free to contact us to know more about this service.